Tarun Sharma is a dynamic leader with a wide range of experience from startups to Fortune 100 companies. He has held several leading roles in digital, software, innovation, business, strategy & technology at @Nokia-BellLabs @Microsoft @IBM @Nokia @Tieto @StartUps. In addition, Tarun is Co-Founder and mentor to many startups & scaleups. His topics include Innovation, Digital, Disruption, International Business, Uncertainty, Perseverance & Risk-taking, India-Finland, Multicultural.
He has held several leading roles in Digital & Innovation, New Ventures, Corporate Strategy & Business Development, Product Management, Marketing & Portfolio Management at some of the world’s best companies @ Nokia-BellLabs @Microsoft @IBM @Nokia
He is passionate about entrepreneurship, digital, innovation, ecosystem and new growth opportunities with special interest in the intersection of business, technology & design.
Tarun holds MBA Finance & Economics (Helsinki School of Economics), Executive Leadership & Strategy Coaching and Bachelor of Engineering. Some of the roles he has held in 20 years of experience are below:
- Strategic projects working closely with C-level Executives & Board Members
- Heading Business with P & L responsibility for digital services, data science businesses globally
- Strategic alliances & global partnerships with Fortune 50 technology companies & startups
- Corporate Venturing, Incubation, Startup Coaching in Emerging Technology & Commerce
- Strategy development & portfolio management of digital products & services
- Management consulting for new market entry, innovation, business growth
- New Ventures, Startup Coaching, Products Combining Commerce & Technology.
- Strategic Marketing, Pricing, GoToMarket & Customer Strategy & Research
Tarun is originally from New Delhi, India and moved to Finland in 2001 from IBM to help Nokia with digital Transformation and since then he is living in Finland with his family.
When not busy at work, Tarun loves spending time with his family, sports (badminton, tennis, marathon running, cricket) and real estate investments.